Now that we are in the first few days of 2016, the AgCareers.com team is rolling our sleeves up for another busy and productive year! I’m very proud of our team at AgCareers.com and the passion/dedication that each member exhibits towards helping our business be successful year after year. I should also take time and thank our business partners at Farms.com and especially the VL Interactive Team. We rely heavily on their expertise in technology development, but also strategic areas such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Site Content positioning and marketing. Below is a list of exciting projects and plans that will keep us busy at AgCareers.com in 2016:
• Advisory Board: Last August, we formed an Advisory Board at AgCareers.com, consisting of 13 members beyond our staff. This advisory board has been established for 2 main purposes: 1.) To join us in closely monitoring e-Recruitment trends and 2.) For our team to bounce ideas for new products and services as we plan ahead for our future. The advisory board will be meeting Jan 12-13 in Saint Louis.
• New Projects for 2016: Elite Talent This new community should be released near the end of Q1 or early Q2. Below explains how the respective employer and talent member groups will be served via this new exciting service.
- Elite Talent will be a private talent community, from AgCareers.com, where agricultural employers can connect with quality-checked, industry-specific executives, senior management, and specialized talent through a unique online platform that allows employers to post jobs and engage with talent members through a candidate messaging system in a controlled, confidential manner.
o Talent Member
- Elite Talent will be a private online community, from AgCareers.com, where experienced, talented professionals within agriculture have the control to confidentially explore career transition opportunities as well as access valuable career coaching advice and compensation benchmarks.
• Representation at several industry events: Our team values the opportunity to attend many events this year. To name a few, we plan to have presence at the IPPE in Atlanta, GA; the World Ag Expo in Tulare, CA; the World Pork Expo in Des Moines, IA; the World Dairy Expo in Madison, WI; PMA Fresh Summit in Orlando, FL; and various university career fairs.
• Continued synergies with our industry association partners such as National FFA, Agriculture Future of America, The Produce Marketers Association Foundation for Industry Talent, and Minorities in Natural Resources and Related Sciences. We will also be securing 1-2 additional industry association relationship this year, so stay tuned!
• Market Research/Industry Data: Our marketing and HR services team have continued plans to provide our industry with trends related to human capital. Visit our Market Research page to view examples of such reports. We continue to receive compliments regarding the data we produce for our industry!
• A New Social Media Platform: AgCareers.com is now on Instagram. Follow AgCareers.com @agcareers.
On behalf of our team at AgCareers.com, happy 2016! We look forward to seeing you as well as many of our friends throughout the year.