Working on crafting your resume? As you likely already know, the competition is fierce. How will you make your resume stand out? Use these helpful tips and you’ll likely receive a call asking for an interview.
1. Visual Aids – Take your formatting to the next level and add dividing lines between sections. If you are providing a copy of your resume and they will accept PDF make sure you submit with PDF. This ensures that your hard formatting stays put and doesn’t change depending on their version of Word. Don’t be basic, so use font styles to dress it up. Examples are – Underline section titles, bold job titles, and italicize dates.
2. Loyalty is key – If you have been jumping around between jobs this shows a lack of loyalty. Try to stay at a job for at least 3 years before making career moves. Obviously there are exceptions but be prepared to explain them in your interview.
There are many sectors that come to mind when I think of jobs on AgCareers.com. One of the top 5 includes Poultry jobs! As the International Production & Processing Expo (Formerly known as International Poultry Expo) starts this week it is only fitting to discuss some hot jobs in Poultry that are constantly on AgCareers.com.
Poultry jobs have been an increasing trend on AgCareers.com over the years. With many large and small companies posting a variety of jobs, you can see that the poultry industry is more than just working in poultry houses. If you are looking at becoming a Farm Manager, the Poultry industry may be a perfect match for you! Trends show Poultry Farm Managers make almost 20% more than a general Farm Manager.
Here are a few of the poultry companies that post and a unique job that they have open currently on AgCareers.com. If you are looking at this blog after they are expired please search by company or keyword “poultry” or go to our poultry jobs page.
Working in agribusiness doesn’t mean you need to dress like you work on the farm! And as a young professional, you have to establish a different wardrobe from college or weekend wear. This doesn’t mean you have to break the bank or have only work clothes in your closet. Finding a work wardrobe that goes the extra mile is simple if you just make sure you have these few work wardrobe essentials. I’ll also suggest a few of my favorite stores and the best ways to get more for your buck! You can check out the AgCareers.com Pinterest page for other great wardrobe ideas.
• Tan flats are great staple that can match all outfit colors – If you are willing to spend more for great quality, Tieks are comfortable flats that are very durable. Ann Taylor can have great sales and you can get stylish flats for a great price!
• Booties are a great way to transition between seasons without having to buy new shoes! Find a heel (or no heel) that you are comfortable with and you can wear them with all outfit types, dresses, leggings, slacks, and skirts. Check out DSW for a variety of prices and types!
• For more advice about which shoes are best for an interview or career fair, check out this infographic.
Today’s college students are faced with the constant pressure of traveling and studying abroad for a summer or semester long program. They are told in order to be successful you have to be worldly. Well given the fact that international job opportunities are steadily increasing this isn’t short from the truth.
Over the past year the increase of international jobs on AgCareers.com has increased by more than 350%! With opportunities knocking on doors and offering benefit packages that include plane tickets home twice a year, double the salary, cheaper cost of living in some places or housing paid for and the opportunity to save more money towards retirement, international job opportunities are getting more attractive!